in product certification
Are you a manufacturer, importer or distributor looking to have the quality, reliability and performance of your products validated?
In response to regulatory changes and increasingly demanding consumer requirements, obtaining certification for your products and equipment is now an essential step.
Whatever your sector of activity, initiating a voluntary certification process reflects your ambition to offer your customers products whose components, manufacture and materials meet the highest quality standards.
Apave offers the following product certification services:
- CB Scheme: international certification to certify the conformity of your electrical and electronic products and obtain several international certification marks through a single test campaign.
- C by Apave: for the certification of large industrial equipment, machinery and pressure equipment subject to self-certification. This certification gives the holder the right to use an Apave mark recognised throughout the world.
We can support you in your certification processes, whether regulatory or voluntary, throughout Africa.
| As an independent third party, Apave in Africa is committed to carrying out audits and evaluations with complete transparency, probity and impartiality. Responsiveness, respect for deadlines, flexibility, professionalism and rigour are the key words that characterise our work.
Thanks to our extensive network of laboratories and qualified auditors with solid expertise in product certification, we can guarantee you a high-quality service, as quickly as possible.
A solid territorial network
Thanks to our highly mobile teams, we are able to cover the entire continent. This enables us to offer you tailor-made support for all your needs.
about Product Certification and the CB Scheme
What is the CB Scheme?The CB Scheme (Certification Body Scheme) is an international certification system proposed by the IECEE (IEC System for Conformity Testing and Certification of Electrical and Electronic Equipment) and managed by the IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission).
The aim of this certification is to validate the conformity of an electrical or electronic product with the requirements of international standards. This certification system is intended for all manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment wishing to export their products internationally.
Why get CB Scheme certification?
Obtaining CB Scheme certification has a number of advantages. In particular, it enables the holder to:
- - Ensure the safety of components, equipment and products
- - Access international markets by obtaining a certification recognised throughout the world
- - Guarantee the conformity of your products according to demanding criteria, from an independent body
- - Access to foreign certification marks thanks to the international recognition system, with a unique approach
- - Enhance the image, reputation and legitimacy of your brand and strengthen your competitive edge
- - Obtain a certificate that is accepted and recognised in 54 countries (IECEE member countries)
- - Offer your customers and other stakeholders (suppliers, business partners, shareholders, etc.) a guarantee of trust, reliability and transparency
- - ...
Which products are covered by the CB Scheme certificate?The CB Scheme covers around twenty categories of equipment, including household electrical appliances; electro-medical and paramedical equipment; lighting; information and communication technologies; electrical measuring, control and laboratory equipment; measuring instruments; portable tools; switchgear; wires and cables; installation protection equipment; safety transformers...
How does CB Scheme certification with Apave in Africa work?To obtain CB Scheme certification, you must be certified by an IECEE-registered certification body, the only body authorised to issue recognised test reports and certificates of conformity for electrical and electronic products. Once you have completed a certification application and answered a technical questionnaire, you will receive a quotation and a proposal for scheduling the tests. Once the tests and trials have been carried out, you will receive a test report and a CB Scheme certification decision. If the tests have been conclusive, a CB Scheme certificate will be issued by NCB Apave Certification.