in plant and equipment inspection
Apave's teams can carry out technical and regulatory compliance checks throughout the life cycle of your equipment and installations, during commissioning, operation, maintenance and end-of-life:
- Pressure vessels
- Electrical installations
- Fire safety systems
- Energy and fluid networks
- Mechanical and lifting equipment
- Site equipment
- Mining, port and airport equipment
- Electrical infrared thermography
- Lighting network analysis
- Flash arc studies
- Inspection of welds by radiography, ultrasound, dye penetrant inspection and magnetic particle inspection
- Qualification of welding procedures
- Inspection of piping and storage tanks
Our experts can point out the slightest malfunctions or failures in your equipment and processes. We can also help you to improve the safety and performance of your facilities through our complementary technical support services: help with integrating compliance and safety rules into specifications; personalised regulatory monitoring; production monitoring; diagnostics and preventive maintenance; help with resolving non-conformities, etc.
Our teams of experts are fully conversant with the regulations specific to each of your equipment, installations and processes. They have solid expertise in a wide range of sectors, and are also familiar with the regulatory requirements specific to your trade, whatever it may be (agri-food, nuclear, tertiary, etc.).
Whatever your needs and whatever your industry, we guarantee a high-quality, professional and responsive service.
A solid territorial network
Thanks to our highly mobile teams, we are able to cover the entire continent. This enables us to offer you tailor-made support for all your needs.
about the inspection of your plant and equipment
How can I prepare for the inspection of my facilities and equipment by Apave Afrique?
To ensure that the inspection goes smoothly, we encourage our customers to plan ahead before our experts arrive. To do this, you can :
- - Gather together all the useful documents relating to your installations and equipment (electrical installation diagrams, fire technical files, lifting commissioning report, etc.)
- - Check that the equipment and facilities to be inspected are available
- - Check that an authorised person can accompany the technician to the site on D-day
- - Inform our experts of any changes made or new equipment installed since the last visit
- - Inform us of any risks specific to your activity
- - Prepare the lifting equipment and make the necessary power cuts to check the electrical installations
What tools are used to inspect equipment and facilities?Always driven by a strong desire to innovate, our APAVE branches in Africa use increasingly innovative tools to meet your needs. For example, we can carry out remote inspections using drones, for rapid execution or to gain access to sensitive sites, confined spaces or engineering structures. We can also use a Ferroscan to detect concrete reinforcement without risk of destruction, as well as Advance Design, a computer-assisted engineering software application.
What is your knowledge of local regulations?Our local experts have a perfect understanding of the regulatory and technical standards in force in your country, as well as the issues and requirements specific to your sector of activity. They will be able to carry out a rigorous and reliable inspection, enabling you to prevent all kinds of technical, human and legal risks.
What equipment and facilities must be inspected?It all depends on the regulatory and technical requirements in force in your country and for the type of establishment concerned. As a general rule, a large number of installations and equipment need to be inspected periodically to ensure public safety and the smooth running of the site. These include electrical equipment, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) installations, fire installations, mechanical and lifting equipment (lifts, cranes, hoists, fork-lift trucks, goods lifts, escalators, etc.), smoke extraction systems, automatic fire detection systems, sprinklers, combustible or toxic gas detection systems, sports equipment, heating installations, medical devices, etc.
When should I have my plant and equipment inspected?It is essential to carry out an inspection of your plant and equipment when it is commissioned. You will then need to carry out regular checks and tests, in accordance with the frequency imposed by local regulations and your own specifications.